Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moving towards a beginning

This Sunday was our second Divine Liturgy at our new parish.  It was our third service, unless I miss my count.  I love being part of a community that has regular, daily services (Matins and Vespers) as well as midweek liturgies for major feasts.  Sad that I couldn't make it to Holy Cross day, but we celebrated the feast in high fashion on Sunday, marching around the church in procession with the cross, deep prostrations, the whole bit.  Beautiful service.

Fr. S. brushed the surface of beginning our catechesis.  I think a lot of this is going to require being proactive on our parts.  I don't think I was expecting that, though I'm not sure what it was I did expect.  There aren't really formal classes, per se, and we're being encouraged to ask a lot of questions.  I don't even know what questions to ask.  Felicity's idea was that she wants to know the nitty-gritty: how do you live out a sacramental life day to day.  She's thinking of her life's confession, and she wants to be prepared.  I feel the same way.

What do I want out of this catechesis?  I want to learn to fast.  I want spiritual direction.  I want to be ready to make that confession, enter the Church, and receive the Eucharist.  Whatever that looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment